Nominations are open for the 2010 Packaging Hall of Fame™ Class, PMMI announced today. The annual honor will be presented at a special reception during PACK EXPO International.
Inductees Advance the Field with Leadership, Education and Science
Nominations are due to Maria Ferrante, vice president, education & workforce development, PMMI, no later than August 24, 2010. They can be sent directly by e-mail or submitted through an online nomination form. Submissions should clearly describe how the candidate has:
- Personally advanced the science, technology and practice of packaging (Please cite scientific inquiries, technologies advanced, patents received, etc.)
- Expanded packaging knowledge and the understanding of packaging (Please cite significant roles played in packaging education, research, market analyses, published works, etc.)
- Been a remarkable volunteer leader in the packaging community (Please cite leadership roles played in packaging associations/organizations and the groups’ accomplishments during the nominee’s tenure.)
- Submit nominations of up to 1,500 words to Maria Ferrante.
- Please include a recent headshot (color) as a .jpg, .eps or .tif file.
- Submissions may be sent by e-mail (email@example.com) or through PMMI’s online nomination page.
- Nominations will be accepted through Tuesday, August 24, 2010.
- Any industry professional may nominate a candidate, and candidates may be nominated posthumously.
The Packaging Hall of Fame recognizes career packaging professionals for their significant contributions to the industry and packaging education. The honor, which PMMI coordinates, has been awarded annually since 1971.
For more details, including the full list of Packaging Hall of Fame Commission participants, read the full release at PMMI.org.